17 December, 2006

Bump!

Welcome to my new blog. The opening subject will be the image of New Red Corner, seen at the right-hand margin of this page.
A Colorist American Landscape, it's a signature work from that series. Unlike most of my studio works, it actually is based on a plein air drawing of a location about 2 miles from my house in Eastern Washington. Interestingly enough, the place is called "the greasy run", because of the nature of this primitive road.
My hope was to depict the red hue that I always see in trees, which is completely complimentary to the color green. My work in this series never uses brown, or any other color but the primaries and secondaries.

No comments:

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism