01 October, 2007

Bibliophilia Alert

In this day and age, that title sounds bad. Maybe leading to images on milk cartons, and neighborhood watch meetings. Calm down, Nellie. It's actually a great and good thing, and an anchor to civilization. Of course, I won't give the definition here. Google it. Or better yet, go dust off that big dictionary on your bookshelf and look it up!

October is The Big Drawing Book Review, and is being moderated by Katherine Tyrrell. I have begun by starting a multi post review of Wolf Kahn Pastels and perhaps another of his pastel books. My study of this book will probably lead to a self-directed project in the near future. Stay tuned for that.

We just built a new bookshelf in our north room. That room was my studio for the past 3 or 4 years, and since I am in the process of re-building a large house trailer as my new studio, we are able to get the north room back to it's original plan: a library. For a house full of book-lovers, it is like a healthy dose of Prozac for our sanity.

Here's a list of rare drawing books for sale at various bookstores around the net, by the way:

http://www.bookbase.com/search;jsessionid=C0453ED2D4F2CDFB08D4E013C6B5C749?method=POST&author=&title=&keyword=drawing&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=Search

Here is a part of Google that I don't think I ever heard of before:
( I know, I know -"duh!")

Google Book Search

No comments:

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism