30 October, 2013

Critique Group



"Unpacking" the art created during our 3 day workshop in Gig Harbor, WA.



At the See Differently workshop in Washington last weekend, we mixed intuition and response with the formal elements of art.  Rules/Break Rules.  We discussed rule-breaking tactics at length.  I encouraged the artists to "jail break" their artwork, and I said I wanted "Grand Theft, Auto" from them. That is my way of describing how big an art crime I was looking for.




Photo: Denise Champion.

2 comments:

Art Matters said...

I have just watched your video again, Casey

I love the way you talk about a painting going straight to the heart - the essence of what art should be.

Please keep making wonderful paintings for us to enjoy.
Regards
Carol

Casey Klahn said...

Thank you, Carol.

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism